Addiction towards drugs such as methamphetamine are increasing day by day. Despite increase I the policies and health guidelines throughout the world, meth addiction and abuse is a serious problem today.
What is Meth?
Meth, or methamphetamine is a very addictive drug that, it is known as P or “pure” in New Zealand and “ice” in Australia. It is a very toxic drug that can be manufactured using some ingredients commonly available in nearby stores. It can be obtained in the form of pills, powder, or crystals. It has been classified under Misuse of Drugs Act 1975.
What is Meth House Testing?
Meth house testing refers to the process in which the property is either declared meth free or meth contaminated.
What You Should Know About Meth House Testing?
Before meth house testing, it is very important to know about the level of meth contamination. The following questions should be raised before a meth house testing:
- Was the house used for individual smoking purpose or for the manufacturing of meth?
- What are the tests involved in meth house testing?
- What will be the total cost for meth house testing?
- What standards are there for testing?
- What is the reliability of the test?
- What is the permissible range of meth residue in any property?
Facts About Meth House Cleaning
- Meth residues should never be cleaned by individuals. Professional help should be taken for proper removal and disposal of the chemicals and furnishings that might carry the residues.
- Sometimes the landlord might get the walls and roofs of the house washed with bleach and ammonia based detergents to mask the meth residues. But this does not remove the drug from the property.
- Painting the walls and covering them were done earlier to cover up for meth but it is a temporary method. The drug and its precursors can leak out from the walls after few days.
What are Some Meth House Testing Methods?
There are numerous meth house testing methods and some testing kits are also available. The most reliable are the laboratory tests where samples are brought from various houses and tested in the laboratory.
- Wet Wipe Testing: This is a sensitive method that detects even the minute traces of meth. It detects drug on household surfaces and even skin and saliva.
- Home Testing Kit: There are many meth home testing kits manufactured by different meth cleaning companies that take the sample and test in the laboratory.
In general, during a meth house decontamination process, the contractor or the professional cleaning agents remove the bulk chemicals used to produce meth and the equipments used for its cooking. Traces of meth can be found in the plumbing systems, sinks, couches, carpets and beds that also need to be carefully disposed.
It is very important to test any property before buying or renting it if there is any confusion in mind regarding meth abuse. Meth house testing methods are very expensive and requires patience and manpower.